|Allows character based apps (DOS-Windows-Unix-Linux) to print to ANY Windows printer, including USB, network printers, faxmodems and PDF writers. It can also capture LPT out and redirect the jobs, even if a printer is phisically connected to the port|
2, 2006 09: 1:9:|
1170 ( -100 -8.54% )|
|Languages||English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish|
|Keywords||applications Windows printers Dos Unix Linux PRINTFIL printfil prn2file dosprn background images preview fax network IP usb USB GDI all-in-one barcodes Terminal_Emulator terminal emulator transparent-print transparent settings |
click for full size
Other software from this author:
- Odbc 4 All 2.1 — Allows any application, including DOS apps and batch files, to easily run SQL queries using any ODBC data source, (Access, MySql, Oracle, Informix, ...) redirecting the output to the screen, an ascii file / table or a DBF table.
|Show all software from this author|
This software allows character based applications to print to any Windows printer, including USB, network printers, faxmodems and PDF writers, even if it is a Dos/Windows application or a Unix/Linux app. running on a Windows PC via telnet, without changes to the original applications.
You can set your application to print to an ascii file, or you can have Printfil capturing a parallel port output, automatically redirecting your print jobs to any printer, even if a printer is phisically connected to the captured port.
In addition, it will allows you to:
- preview printing
- include logos or background images stored in separate files
- colorize the text
- print A4 landscape sheets instead of printing on dot-matrix 136-column printers
- print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers
- send the print jobs via fax (using any third-party fax software acting like a printer - i.e. Microsoft Fax - or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer)
- print to networked printers without having to "NET USE" a LPT port
- use special windows fonts (barcodes, for instance) as well as normal characters
- exporting the print jobs in PDF format, with or without user intervention, even with encryption and password protection
- use your own, single set of escape sequences for ALL the printers, regardless of the make, model, supported emulation (or no emulation at all, as for Virtual and Windows-only printers)
- print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (drawings etc.)
- other interesting features.
All this without changes to your applications.
If you are developing host based applications (like Unix) and the clients are using them with a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop to fight with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba and others) where to store output for your print jobs and PRINTFIL.
P133, 8Mb RAM, 2 Mb HD
1. In addition to GDI printing, Printfil now supports RAW printing also. When printing in RAW mode, the source print job will be sent to the choosen printer AS IS, without going through the printer driver and without making any change to the embedded escape sequences.
This allow very fast printing to dot-matrix printers (like in the DOS days, even if the printer is USB), printing jobs containing graphical printer commands (graphs, drawings etc.) and sending particular escape sequences to special printers (cut labels, open cash drawers etc.).
RAW printing can be set globally or enabled/disabled for each single print job, even without user intervention;
2. By the optional CFG file you can now specify different BMP files to be included in the print job. Each BMP file can be placed in different sheet's positions and you can also decide on which page(s) to include them;
3. Added the ability to place a BMP file outside the sheet's margins. This allows, for example, adding a header (or a logo) to a legacy print job without having to modify the source application to add some blank lines on top of each page;
4. The RemLastChr option can now be set to remove more than a single character at the end of the print job. This avoid obtaining an extra blank page when printing from some applications, which were used to send different characters at the end of a job (usually some EJECT - FF or CR-LF chars) to ensure the last page would be always ejected by a legacy laser printer;
5. The Norwegian language has been added;
6. Some other minor improvements and bug fixes;
|Printfil 4.3 Download from printfil.com|
- A Better Switchboard for MS Access 2.1 — "A Better Switchboard" is an add-in for MS Access that provides you with a collection of enhanced MS Access switchboard menus that you can use with your application.
- N-Tier Slam 22.214.171.124 — VB6 based TCP/IP N-Tier application server library that supports database access, chat servers and clients, sending of SMTP E-mail, and calling of sub procedures and functions at the server from a client application. Standalone database access.
- ResolutionChanger 3.01 — Change desktop width, height, color depth, and refresh rate temporarily or permanently with command line switches. You can have the application run another application in a specific display resolution and return to the previous resolution.
|Find all software similar on Printfil 4.3|